Anyway - the excitement had been mounting for all too long - all summer and part of last school year! Bob went back to work on Monday and the excitement was just too much for Jeremy - he was crazier than usual! I have no idea how he'll get through the next four days before school really starts... but we'll get there!
I'm a mother, a wife, a daughter, and crafter. He's a father, a husband, a son, a coach, and teacher. They are dancers and soccer players; sisters and brothers. They are sons and daughters whom we try to raise through good examples to be the best they can be. They love sports and learning; exploring and playing. We experience happiness and sadness. We are constantly growing. We are learning to serve. We are friends.
We are like you. We volunteer in our community. And we are Mormon.
We are like you. We volunteer in our community. And we are Mormon.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
It's A Mini Day
Today was Jeremy's Mini-Kindergarten Day - in other words, it's a day with a two hour block to get a taste for what Kindergarten will be like. Was he even a little concerned? I think not! He was so excited that he's been not only counting down, but insisted that he needed his alarm clock set to make sure he got there on time (no, I did not let him set it... he was going to be up long before the appointed time regardless).
When I was explaining to someone else what this day was all about and mentioned it was to meet the teacher, the other kids, and see the classroom and learn about the rules, Jeremy piped up with "I already know my teacher!" - His teacher was one of Beth's last year, and she's also the mother of Gabi's best friend here.
Anyway - the excitement had been mounting for all too long - all summer and part of last school year! Bob went back to work on Monday and the excitement was just too much for Jeremy - he was crazier than usual! I have no idea how he'll get through the next four days before school really starts... but we'll get there!
I'm glad he had a wonderful time. It was funny for me, though, because I found myself constantly looking around for him. When I took Beth last year, I did not have that problem. I think it's because I'm so use to looking for Jeremy who typically runs off - especially down at the school - anyway. It was so weird to look around and feel that I was missing someone - even when I knew he was right where he should be and it was not with me! I think I'll adjust.
Anyway - the excitement had been mounting for all too long - all summer and part of last school year! Bob went back to work on Monday and the excitement was just too much for Jeremy - he was crazier than usual! I have no idea how he'll get through the next four days before school really starts... but we'll get there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment