All kids, at some point, have bad dreams. For Peter, the last several have been about dragons. He always comes in somewhat "calm" and quiet, but certain that his dreams contained REAL dragons. After expressing this, and cuddling with me for a few minutes, I'm able to remind him that dragons aren't real (and since the kind that are in his dream really aren't real, I'm justified in saying that). Then we go back to his bed where we "slay the dragon" - I tuck him in, and we say a special prayer and the we sing one primary song. Once this is done, he dragon is apparently conquered because he'll sleep peacefully the rest of the night and exclaim the goodness of this sleep in the morning.
Last night he was apparently visited by a dragon and I was told that he had "pinchy claws. And he pinched me. For real. A really real dragon. And he was red." This is the most descriptive he's been about the dragons.
So, up he climbs to snuggle - I've only just put Jacob back to bed, but Jacob had been rather fussy off and on so I knew the time was limited. Sure enough, before I can even fully talk Peter through the dragon, Jacob is fussing. So I go to care for him. Peter gets up, still half a sleep and begins to walk back to his room - totally unaware that Jacob needs my attention until he realizes I'm not with him. So he lays down on the floor in my doorway while I try to get Jacob settled. Not working - so I told Peter to lay back down on my bed (since I know I can't get through the rest of the routine just then). Anyway - some how things didn't go as planned... There was no slaying of dragons last night - and Peter and Jacob were both in our bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment