The last week of January is a very busy one - three birthdays within four days!
We started off with a family celebration for Grandpa Nielsen, Beth and Peter. It was worked into Family Home Evening - and the kids just couldn't wait! It was so funny!
Earlier I had Peter ask Grandpa what his favorite cake was - to which we learned Texas Sheet Cake (although maybe we asked what cake he wanted for his birthday). So, in true Tara fashion, sheet cake - in a layered circle! Yummy, soft, moist cake with raspberry gel sandwiched in the middle and very fudgy frosting covering the whole thing. The girls earned the privilege of decorating - it was chore day after all and they actually finished in time to take over that part - and so the entire cake was spotted with dark chocolate M&M! Very rich! Very Yummy!
But my very favorite was when Peter opened Grandma and Grandpa Nielsen's gift and exclaimed "It's just want I always knew I wanted!" I just busted up saying "just wanted he never he always knew he wanted" see that he'd never so much as see or heard of his new loved building toys!
"It's just want I always knew I wanted!"
ReplyDeletePRICELESS! What lovely memories you are giving to your children Tara...I admire you. Love, Joyce