Thursday, May 29, 2008

True Thanksgiving

Peter got up from a rather short nap today and was a little hungry. I put him at the table where Beth and Jeremy had left him a pile of fish crackers and told him he could have a snack. I then turned starting back toward the sink with the dirty dishes from earlier.

At this point Peter started fussing. I didn't know what the problem was and started to ask as I turned and began coming back. As soon as I turned around, Peter folded his arms and started to "babble" his own blessing on the food.

It was very sweet. I love seeing good habits (and a love for prayer) develop in my children... especially when they are so young. (Though I had to smile because we don't normally have a blessing specifically for snacks.. usually just for meals.)

1 comment:

  1. That is really neat! The children I babysit will "remind" me of pray on the food, (before I have a chance to sit down). They even have started to get there parents to do it at home. Children have such a sweet spirit with them.

    ReplyDelete