Monday, January 26, 2009

Beth is 5!!!!!!!!!

Five! Can you believe it!?! Time surely flies - it seems I was only typing up one of these a little bit ago for her! She's certainly grown..... as in taller! :) She's smarter and (hopefully) wiser too! She loves to home school - loves to learn new things (something she dreaded before) and loves to "boss" around others - oh, wait, that's called "being a little mother" and I should remember it's good practice for her! :) She's certainly learning, the hard way of course, what is okay and what isn't in that sort of activity.

Over the last week she's turned into a 5 year old, complete and true! My mother has always said that she's never met a 5 year old she likes (not to say she doesn't (and hasn't) loved many - for she certainly does and has). It's something about the terrible two "growing up" until they are just a big ball of mess. Well - if mess is grumpy, sulky, whiny, "the world is falling down on me", "everyone's out to get me", "it's everyone else's fault" - well, then she's hit the nail on the head here. Bethie certainly does a lot of that - though Bob has started relating being 5 to the "good and helpful" moments which seems to be working for her. She certainly loves to be 5 (even before she actually was) and wants to be sure that everyone sees her as being 5!

We had a little Ooh and Aah Jungle party for her. She enjoyed having a few of her friends come up - and, of course, opening presents. This is the first year that I can recall here she actually was interested in how many presents she had. In the past she was always excited, but the number didn't matter. This time, it seemed she didn't get enough - though when I talked with her, she told me it was because she didn't get much toys - which later translated to she didn't get one particular thing that she wanted (which we hadn't known she'd wanted) and which I can't recall what it was any more. She's apparently also forgotten about it.

She's a regular little "Fancy Nancy" - sort of was before she was introduced to the books. But with the books has come a more frequent use of the larger "fancier" words. And she just loves them!

Well, Happy Birthday, Bethie! You're sure growing up fast - and we're excited to see what adventures this next year has for you!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETHIE!
    I'm so happy to hear all the new and exciting things you have been up to. Rachel likes being 5 now too! She also has gotten very tall!
    Love the cake! Hope you had a good birthday. Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I can't believe how big everyone is getting! When I started babysitting for you guys, I don't think Bethie was even 2!!!!! Wowie zowie!

    ReplyDelete