It would seem I'm not keeping up as much as I use to...sorry... as today is Missionary Tuesday (that's the day they come up to our area), I won't be adding the really fun stuff today. But I thought you'd like to hear this little bit.
A week ago - yes, Missionary Tuesday again - Jeremy hadn't eaten very much because he was coming down with the cold that has hit our house. So when he tried to go to sleep, his tummy wouldn't let him and he came down asking for a bowl of cereal. We've been trying for weeks to convince him to let us cut his hair - really, it was over his ears and down to his neckline in the back - but he's afraid of anything around or near his head due to the accident a year ago (with the fan).
The last hair cut was at the beginning of the summer... I had to wrap my legs around his body, hold his forehead with my hand forcing his head back against me while I buzzed just as fast as I could with him screaming with terror the whole time (seriously... Peter was easier to do). So I decided that I wouldn't worry about it until it just had to be done. And then I decided I'd let Bob worry about it.
Anyway, since we'd been talking to him about it for a few weeks, he was less concerned and agreed - but only if Daddy used the scissors... and even then he wasn't too thrilled. But since he wanted some cereal, we decided to get the hair cut done first - great incentive to sit still and get it over with fast!
We got him excited about it by saying that he would get a missionary hair cut and wouldn't that be a great surprise to the missionaries when they got back from their teaching appointment. That made his eyes twinkle (he loves to have anything in common with the elders). And sure enough, when he was all done he came running out to the living room to show me saying:
"I'm already a missionary now!!!!!" - and he really looks so cute... and so grown up! (Sorry no picture yet)
No comments:
Post a Comment