Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Where Have We Been?

I'll admit that our family has been "lounging" a bit. We had the unexpected joy of finding Bob home for vacation without the demands from someone else's schedule or a job he needed to finish. It was great! - Of course, along with that comes sheer laziness... you know, Christmas kind-of sinks in and if you don't have to go anywhere, well, you kind-of forget about the rest of the world.

We knew we had to pull ourselves out of that... so... we invited friends over for dinner... then immediately set to work uncovering the entire downstairs... that includes counters (my worse problem). It was good though. And though it's not perfect, it certain has stayed much better. I just need to find the energy to tackle a few more things around here.

We also thought we'd go to a friend's house for New Year's Eve - we were all very excited. But, then we discovered our alternator died - that also meant no family outing to the movies. That's okay, we got tons done here and the kids were great about it... though I must admit, even though I had no place to go, I was starting to get a little stir-crazy without the van in the driveway!

No comments:

Post a Comment