He's always been interested in anything that moves... but his interest has shifted almost completely over to trains. He's a bigger fan of trains then Jeremy ever was (and for those of you who know Jeremy, you know he loves his trains)! Peter has also expanded his vocabulary so that he always has something to contribute to the conversation (although his pronounciation isn't always the best). One of my favorites is when he receives something, he says "Tank ew" to which I will always reply "You're Welcome" - that is followed immediately by him saying "Ew Elcomb". I think it's sweet!
When he opened his presents, he first opened a new wooden train. So he kept saying "more tain, more tain" with each present he picked up. He did get another one - and a Thomas lantern and Thomas DVD's so he never lost his excitement. Then he opened a book - a Little Engine that Could series train book. He was so excited as he saw three other gifts the same size, and with eyes all lit up, he'd grab one and say "nodder tain book - nodder tain book!"
Well - he's two - he thinks he's in charge - he climbs and he laughs a lot! He's learning that his older brother really can "take him down" but that he's a really nice big brother. Peter's still trying to prove he's stronger (he's thought he was for the last two years)!
He's learned to get into everything - and not just in the typical toddler fashion - although that too - but when I say get into everything I really mean "in to" - as in "let's see what makes this tick - what happens if I take this off - how will it change if I open this and take something out". He's a smart little guy - but finds himself in a lot of trouble because he's not suppose to be getting into such things. He's learning, though.
He still loves music - sings all the time - rocks to any beat - and the other day (while we were home because the car wouldn't start and there wasn't enough room in the other car for all of us), he laid backwards over the chair arm putting his head on my lap and his fe
I will always treasure his little kisses (full on the mouth still - though he's learning that the check is better - he also enjoys giving kisses on the top of the head) and his snuggles (all too soon he'll be too big for these kinds of snuggles and we'll have to switch over to big boys ones).
It's exciting to watch him - but I must admit, I'm not sure I'm ready to watch the baby grow up!
Awe! HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETER!
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel. My baby will be turning 4 in 15 days! Oh my, the time sure does fly. Though it has been an adventure, fun, laughing, crying and lots of snuggles. I to am not sure I'm ready to let my baby go. :)