So they said it was suppose to be colder this winter than last. I don't recall just how cold last winter got (we didn't have a reliable thermometer last year) - but when Bob headed out the door around 7am this morning it was -35 degrees F! Yes, you read that right! -35! Since I hadn't been feeling well and therefore hadn't slept well last night, Bob was so kind as to let me sleep in. Just how was this possible... his car wouldn't start... neither would the van.... neither would the truck. But really, can you blame them... -35 and I wouldn't be trying to do anything outside either!
When I got up about an hour and half later, it was -27 and our house was only at 53. I don't even want to know how cold the house really was when Bob got up (though he and I both took turns stocking the fire frequently throughout the night). We've been lucky to be able to keep the house at 60 (though it looks like things might be very, very, very, very, very slowly trying to creep a little warmer inside). It only got up to 8 outside and then started back on the downhill slide around 1:30pm..... supposedly tonight is not suppose to be as bad (somewhere around -15 or -20) and then it should start to get into normal freezing January mode (in the negative single digits through the night). I'm hoping this cold spell (nay, blisteringly freezing madness) will truly be short lived!
~Just thought the family would like to know why they are glad NOT to be visiting us right now! :)
You got us beat Tara. We had -21F this morning. Both cars started but very hard. I was concerned.
ReplyDeleteThe toughest thing is that the furnace can not keep up. The thermostat is set to 70F right now but the house is only 62F upstairs.
Stay warm! Stay safe! Nicer days are coming. :)
Wow, that is cold! Stay warm!
ReplyDelete