With the clean house - that has, for a few days anyway, remained as such with progress actually happening a little every day.... I've been cooking more dinners (which means Bob can stay at school later in the day and stay caught up on correcting and such)...
Last night I was trying to figure out what to fix (that's the hardest thing for me to do while pregnant...especially since all I've really wanted was pizza and I'm waiting for cheese to be brought home) - I figured we'd do rice and chicken with gravy. The chicken I pulled was legs (or as my niece refers to it: chicken on the bone). Suddenly I thought we'd do Grandma's pan fried chicken with rice on the side. I still thought I'd throw together a nice little gravy for the rice, but got side tracked making cornbread... Courtney's very yummy cornbread....after all, what's pan fried chicken without cornbread? Anyway... all went well, save the gravy which we decided to nix due to time.
As the dinner progressed, we kept telling the kids we were having pan fried chicken on the bone. Beth made a face (to which I reminded her that she likes chicken on the bone), Gabi got the one that was already pulled apart (since she really doesn't like it on the bone) and the boys kept asking how to eat it. Bob told them to hold it like corn on the cob and eat around the sides. Jeremy figured it out, but Peter wasn't too sure.
As the night progressed, Peter still wondered how to eat it - in part because he decided he didn't like the crispy outside (the best part, which he just wouldn't try). So I told him to pull that off and eat the rest.
He was gone a couple minutes and then came back saying "my chicken has a stick! I don't want to eat the stick" I told him he didn't have to, and showed him where more chicken was. When he finished he said "Can I throw away my stick? I don't want to eat my stick."
So - no more chicken on the bone... apparently, in our house, it's chicken on a stick!
No comments:
Post a Comment