I've been told that this happens, but it's not the norm. Aside from a 3 day crazy cold spell in December (which was still nothing like Maine) we've had really nice weather. Not always "warm" although by Maine standards it would be. Although with the "really nice" temps, we have had a lot of rain. I'm not complaining (though we certainly saw tons of that back in Maine this last summer) - this area really needs it... it's a huge blessing!
I had told the boys that if the weather continued to be "nice" that we'd start walking on those days. I probably can't go far - I've never been able to do much when pregnant as far as walking or hiking or any other "physical activity" without being put down for a three day stint (or more). But this pregnancy is different and I think, as long as I don't push it, I could probably get away with some walking on the level part of the street. It's worth a try!
Anyway... we've not really been able to take advantage of the nice weather because it's been raining... and sorry, but I'm not a rainy walking kind of girl. I like to be wet when I'm swimming, boating (sometimes), showering and the like. Otherwise, I like to be nice a dry. And when the sun has peeked out or the rain as let up for a little while, it's late enough in the day that I'm too tired and then I know it would be unwise.
Today is different... the sun is already out and the boys and I are planning a little walk. They want to take the stroller, but I'm going make them use up some energy (and not over do it for myself). It will be nice.. the fresh air will feel great and do wonders for us... and yes, I'll likely be down for a good long nap this afternoon... that's okay. I need this.
Now... if I could stabilize my iron.....
No comments:
Post a Comment