So power went out just before the kids walked out the door... the girls wanted to know if that meant there would be no school. I told them to head down and if there was an issue to just stay with Dad and then they'd know (so good to have him at the same school they are). Off they went.
The boys got settled into games and I went to lay back down (no nap yesterday and stayed up way too late). I didn't really get the luxury of sleeping since the boys always had one question or another. Shortly thereafter, Lynne came in. She was hanging out with the boys when I heard "singing" and thought for sure it was from outside. Then I thought I heard the door to the garage or beside it. Then I know I heard the kitchen door. Sure enough, I pulled myself out of bed and there was Bob standing in the living room talking to his mother.
So I ask "No school?" but don't really get much response and then in waltz the singing duo... the girls! Sure enough, no school. The power was out and there was (apparently) no generator so they got to come home! The best part, they don't have to make it up at all!!!!!!! (Know here as something like Emergency Days)
The kids had fun - we cleaned some, a couple played at grandma's, they did computer stuff when the power came back on, and the girls have been having so much fun making crafts. It's been peaceful...
Gabi's first question to me when she got home was "Can we home school today?" Isn't it great to have little ones who love to learn (and plenty of books and activities and supplies to teach them)!?!
Yes, I completely agree! Sage is doing really good. We are starting to learn how to form words.
ReplyDelete