It would seem my uterus is well above my naval. I had found it a few weeks earlier and measured myself, because the old school doc hadn't done it as part of his routine the last visit. And I've felt movement, but then for several weeks after, I didn't feel a thing. Just strange for me. (But apparently, fairly normal)
Anyway, about a week ago I started feeling very strong kicks... you know, the kind that are unmistakeably baby kicks. The strange part was that they were just below my rib cage and certainly well above my naval. Being 15 weeks, that's unusual. (On average, the uterus will be at the naval around 20 weeks, so normal, actually, that doctors can measure by finger widths above or below the naval and get an accurate idea of how far along a woman is)
At first it I thought "well, maybe there's something else that can pop like that" - it was the first time and I didn't feel it again for a couple days. But, it's consistent and every day. And it's definately baby!
My mother's explanation is that "at some point it (being the uterus) has to do that because it looses muscle tone" - and well, I suppose on some level that may be true. But with all four of my others, I always measured exactly. Okay... so everything else about this pregnancy is different, why wouldn't this be, right?
Anyway, so there's baby kicking really high, it actually hurts to try to bend, and I've also felt other movement (baby-like as well) very low down - but not as strong. Baby could be traveling around - if the baby moves fast, because the movements are within seconds of each other. I used to feel movement on the left side and on the right and never in the middle. Now it's high and low.
Regardless, my uterus is high - very high - so at the very least, there's an awful lot of water in there! (We see the doctor next week)
Mine is pretty high this time too. Especially in the mornings. After I get up and start walking around it settles back into place.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you really are having twins! What would you think of that? I think it would be great to get two babies out of one pregnancy. :) It would be quite hard though going from four to six kids. My husband is a twin. His mother did that. He and his brother are numbers 5 and 6 out 7 kids. Let us know as soon as you do!
ReplyDeleteMine has been high without change for at least a week. And the kicks are strong enough that my tummy bounces. Although last night we had no power and ate cereal for dinner (which is not what baby likes before bed) and I woke up crazy hungry and borderline ill - my uterus is lower today but still over the naval. But my mother had water for three once - oh, and I've heard that if the baby is positioned up and down the uterus will stretch higher and that it will drop lower if the baby is going side to side. Who knows... I just know that the last week I've be up into my rib cage and looked huge! But not this morning, I just look really pregnant now. Pretty funny. In any case, having kicks so high (and hard) I'm going to push for an ultrasound.
ReplyDelete(I tended to be "small" in the mornings and huge by night)