Gabi has always enjoyed helping in the kitchen. So, since I had the unexpected pleasure of picking blackberries two days ago, I let her make a blackberry pie! She did almost all of it herself. I helped her read the recipe (since that's still a little confusing with all the "parts" and not just "wholes" to deal with) and I assisted in rolling out and forming the actual crust. But she put together the berries and mixings, and made the crust herself. The kids even cut little shapes from the left over pie crust dough and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar... I call them cinnamon-sugar scraps... whatever they are, they are yummy and only last as long as it takes to cool enough to get in the mouth!
The pie is wonderful! Gabi tried it, although she decided there were too many seeds for her. I wasn't too surprised, since all my kid will only eat seedless jams! :)
That is awesome that she made that all by herself with minimal help. It looks so YUMMY! Tell her that I am very proud of her. Hunter likes to cook too. :)
ReplyDelete