Friday, August 1, 2008

A Great Mission

Never have I been more grateful for the gospel than I have been today. With the passing of Savannah in the middle of the night, I have felt a mix of peace, calm, and whirl-winding emotions. At times I have felt that I have no right to feel this way, as she was not my child. Still, the impact that she's had on my life leaves me in a bit of a roller coaster right now.

I have always, from the day I meet her as a baby, loved Savannah. She has been a light to so many. She loved life with such enthusiasm, taking every opportunity to do the things she enjoyed the most.

I am so grateful for the knowledge of the plan of salvation (also known as the plan of happiness). For it promises us that we can, through Christ's atoning sacrifice, not only return to be with our loving Heavenly Father and our dear brother Jesus Christ once again. But that our families can be united forever again.

The power of the priesthood, that magnificent power to act in God's name and under His direct authority, is so important. It is the means by which our families can be sealed (united for eternity) and allow us to be with our families forever.

I am also so glad to know that all who are sealed and return to be with our Father in Heaven are also connected through this great power and plan of our Heavenly Father. This means that friends can be united with friends, as families can be united with one another.

Though I grieve, for I am sad, I do so because I already miss Savannah. I miss her dearly. But I find great comfort and joy in knowing that she is no longer in pain. That she is with Jesus and Heavenly Father. That she is happy. And that she will be reunited with everyone. I am also grateful and happy to know that her body will be made perfect and that she will be resurrected again, just as our Lord was resurrected.

Until that time, the time of reuniting, I know that she has a great work to do on the other side. She is a missionary. And she will be a great one. I only hope that we can assist her in her work. That as she prepares the spirits of those who have not yet accepted or had the opportunity to even hear the gospel, that we will be able to complete their work in the temple. She has her mission, but she will need our help.

No comments:

Post a Comment