Soooooo... I'm sure everyone is just dying to know what's going on around here... okay, so I know better.. but here's the update anyway.
Doctor's appointment was this afternoon. With all the oddities of my body this time, I have to admit that I wanted some explainable, and understandable answers. I think both categories are covered for my husband, but I'm a little skeptical on part of it.
Anyway... so far I'm measuring right where I should be. Doc actually looked around for a heartbeat (though it took awhile and I'll admit that made me nervous). One heartbeat, left side, at 164. So, seems there is one and that baby is healthy. I gained two pounds - seems healthy. So, apparently all is well there.
Then I told him about the big and little and the strong kicks and all that and wanted an explanation. Although he did say a couple of times that he didn't know, this is the information he did give.
1st - the uterus does not grow and contract like that during pregnancy.
2nd - Therefore, it could not have been baby movements at all - even though there was popping so you could see the movement too.
3rd - it must have been gas! (Seriously, that's an awful lot of gas with an awful lot of bloating - never in my life have I ever been so bloated)
4th - the popping (even seen) would be the pulsating of my artery which would be felt and seen due to the pressure of the gas around it (even in different locations).
So, this is the part that I struggle with... I'm not 100% convinced it was just gas and bloating.. although I have no problems with the one baby and uterus not being part of the equation.
Any doctors, nurses or others with professional medical background able to confirm this suggestion?
Oh, and we have paperwork for an ultrasound, though we have to set the appointment up ourselves, so I don't know when that will be yet.
I told Peter we were only having one baby - and he insists that I'm wrong. I told him we don't get to choose, and he asked why not. So I explained that Heavenly Father chooses how many babies we have at a time. He still insists it's twins... I guess I have my work cut out... silly little boy.
I actually had a lot of gas like that when I was pregnant with Clara. It did feel a lot like baby movement to me too, but it wasn't. It did eventually go away. I am glad that you got some answers. I am also glad that you heard the heartbeat. That always makes me feel better.
ReplyDeleteGlad for the heartbeat! That is always so reassuring.
ReplyDelete