Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Baby Shower Gifts

A friend near us is having a little girl in a couple of months. For our baby shower gift, the kids and I made some soft toys - and had a lot of fun doing it. Okay, let me clarify, the younger three kids and I did this - as Gabi was at Grandma's trying on swim suits, sewing something else, and then had homework to finish before prayers and scriptures.We made Soft Blocks (this was so much fun and so easy, the kids are each planning to make a couple for our baby) and then tried our hand at a Soft Grab Ball - I'm not sure I agree with the "don't stuff each section completely full" instruction because the ball doesn't keep shape very well. So either I missed something else, or the sections need to be a bit more full... I'll try the latter the next time.(And I can't believe it, but I forgot to take pictures of Peter stuffing his block.... what was I thinking?)
Still we had fun and they are cute - all from fabric I had laying around - yes, I still have a trunk, two boxes and a large wheeled tote full of fabric - anyone want to come and do a project!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment