
Leading up to Easter we made a bunch of cookies - we also put together several sets of the Easter Story in 12 Eggs and got things together to give to some friends.... and the funny part is.....


Got out to the van and cleared off the snow. We were having a little trouble with a window shield wiper, but had not yet replaced it. When I cleared the snow, I noticed the actual blades weren't in the rubber any more. Thought I might be able to just put them back in the rubber at least long enough to get from our house to all our stops and back. The moment I touched the blades, they slide completely out - along with the rubber! Apparently no longer attached... we've not been driving the van since - so sorry to anyone who might have gotten something yummy and fun, but with the back and forth of snow and rain and all, it just didn't work out (since we'll be finally replacing the blades today)... but it was pretty funny! (At least for Bob and I)


Still, the kids had a lot of fun painting sugar cookies! - We did not dye eggs this year - that's always been something I let Bob do with the kids and he'd been pretty busy leading up to Easter and I only thought of it here and there. I had wanted to try out that Silk Tie Egg Dying thing, but hadn't remembered soon enough to go looking for silk at the second hand stores... maybe next year?


And since it was cold here this Easter, the Easter Bunny decided eggs outside were probably not a good idea. But with so many kids possibly waking up and the our house being in a "kid zone" (after all, it was vacation and we were at the Temple Friday and then Conference most of Saturday... not cleaning got done) he decided to try the Grandparent's house. I guess that turned out to be a good and quiet place because when we arrived to listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir before Conference on Sunday morning, there were eggs every where!


The kids had so much fun running around and gathering eggs - even if Daddy forgot to dig out the baskets and they had to use plastic bags! It was so much fun to follow the kids around and see their excitement as they found the eggs... the older children wanted to look IN THE TOILET - and as Bob said "I wouldn't want the egg if it was in the toilet"! Peter would find eggs and if I wasn't with him, he'd find me and show me where he found the egg. And he always called them his "precious eggs"!


Another cute saying that Peter likes has to do with candy - which he pronounces really funny anyway. But since he's always loved Peanut Butter and has not been able to have it for just over a year now, since we figured it out, but since he's outgrown that sensitivity (by the way - for anyone who was following all that, the only thing we've not tried yet are whole berries - everything else, aside from the contact allergies, he's outgrown!) And since Peter has always been called Peter Butter, when he picks out a piece of candy he'll say "I want a Peter Butter egg." or "This is a Reese Peter Butter cup!" I just love it!

After that, we all enjoyed conference (see the post below) and played games and hung out very relaxed! For scriptures that night, we used the Easter Story in 12 Eggs that Gabi had put together at Achievement Days! It was the perfect way to end the Easter Day - our thoughts fully focused on the real meaning of Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment