So I started the new routine of walking to and from the school with the girls - basically, the same routine I had early on it the pregnancy before it got cold (I don't do cold). Monday was the short way down and back once (it was raining in the afternoon). The short way has a steep hill, but I seemed to be okay. A little sore, but not bad. Tuesday was nice - short way down, long way home, long way down and long away home again.
Okay - nice might not be the right word for it. It's certainly harder to do with four than just the two boys and I can't seem to be way behind and way ahead at the same time - nor can I run to make up the difference should it be needed. And the last leg of it all, Jeremy ran way ahead - such that he could not hear us any more - to get to the mail before anyone else. Fortunately that was on our road - which has little to no traffic - and he's good about watching for cars. Still, that was more stress that I needed, and I certainly was walking faster than my poor pregnant body thought good.
I was hurting by the time we got back and sat for the rest of the afternoon and evening aside from making a simple dinner. Contractions had picked up, though I'm fairly certainly they were still braxton hicks - but still annoying. And today, well, I woke up with my ankles, knees, hips and back still hurting - enough so that I canceled the walking for today. I sat with my feet up, and had to sit in just the right position to help with the stabbing hip pain. Took a nap and then attempted a shower - the hot water was just the thing. By the time Bob arrived home around dinner time and I got up to decide what to make, I was moving around fairly well again! (Until I picked up Peter, then the hip reminded me that I have to continue to take it easy)
Since Friday is an Achievement Day activity which is "hiking" / walking for about an hour, I figured I better take another day to "recoop" just in case - tomorrow will be another no walking day.
I'd be more frustrated except that I figured out how to really purl stitch and started in on a sweater - so at least my hands are busy. I normally crochet - and I do a little knitting when it's just the knit stitch, but for this pattern I needed to use a purl stitch and it was worth learning - I have the back and front sections complete and the hood nearly finished (likely before the end of the evening tonight) - then two sleeves are left and it is done... looks like about a week project (though if I was on my feet a bit more I'd say more like two weeks). It's suppose to be a size 4, but my little one who would be that size come Christmas is broad, and I'm thinking this might end up skinnier - if so, I know a nephew who will look rather cute in it - and he's skinny, skinny! At any rate, it's another project... and since I have to limit the bending and lifting (thus the cleaning project has slowed down) and I have this crazy urge to be "productive", it's been a great thing to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment