The kids help pick up pine cones and pine needles over at grandma's house to keep things looking nice and to help prevent problems when it's time to mow. Yesterday Peter grabbed up something from the grass and said "Look, Mom! Pine Pricklies!" (A handful of pine needles)
Sometimes a "fire starter" (lighter) is left where the kids can find them. Peter picked one up today and I said "I'm sorry Daddy left that out where you could find it. Sometimes that happens." To which Peter responded, "Yeah, that silly Daddy! Right, Mom?"
We had strawberry shortcake last night - for the bottom layer, we made sponge cake. Beth aksed "Did you really use sponges to make that cake?" (The other children asked the same question later on - it was the first time they'd had sponge cake)
Taking a walk yesterday we let the kids take the Walkie-Talkies. They've not be on a "real" adventure since we got them years ago - just "fun for kids - making noise" around the house. We've never changed the batteries, so one wasn't working as well as it should within a short distance of starting out. Bob carried them after that, but Peter, who had been pretending to be a train ("I'm the engine and you're the cupling, Mommy" - then taking my hand), decided that he needed to be the Walkie-Talkie - he was the really loud call button - you know, with the high pitched squeekie noise!
Peter is once again rarely Peter. It's not uncommon for me to be told "I'm Handy Manny, remember?" or "I'm Mr. Conductor, remember?" or "I'm Wubzy." or some other loved character. Nearly always with a "remember?" at the end, as though I'd already be informed.
My very favorite, though, was the other night. We had gathered for scriptures, Peter was sitting facing me on my lap. The song had been sung and Daddy had started reading to us. Peter leaned over to my face and said "Hello. I'm a spy!"
No comments:
Post a Comment