That being said, at Christmas time, they kids did get to "put on a show" in the studio for the parents with both tap and ballet. I did not get to enjoy this at the time because I didn't realize just when that was going to happen - and more than that, I had the boys that day. But they pretend to be on stage, there's an audience and they perform. It was neat and they loved it.
Back to this weekend, though - the play was Mother Goose. It was neat to see ballet in action - telling a story - not just a dance. Gabi was a kitten and Beth was a butterfly. After Mother Goose was
I do have to admit, though, that with all the preforming arts that seem to happen around here, I'm disappointed that there is no preforming arts center - the girls' recital was held in the Veteran's hall (on a stage) and the audience was seated in folding chairs - where heads are easier to see than the stage. I've heard that there has been talk for years about building a real center, but as far as I'm aware, it's still just talk. Oh well... at least the girls had fun!
They are super cute! I will post pictures of Rachel's recital in a couple more weeks. Hers is in June. :)
ReplyDelete