Monday, July 26, 2010

Cocoon Baby

Not too long ago (sometime this past week) I took some pictures of Jacob. I am determined that I will not go three years without a picture of Jacob on my wall. Yes, I was a terrible mother about wall pictures for Peter - it wasn't until we moved out here that I finally got him on the wall (with the family) and the individual pictures of the other kids that are up are from when I was pregnant with Peter. It's not that I didn't take pictures. It's not that I didn't have pictures that were cute enough. I just never seemed to get my priorities to settle on choosing one and getting it printed and putting it up. Terrible, I know. And I'm determined to change that.

So, I have some beautiful pictures of Gabi in her baptism dress. That same day, Bob took some cute ones of Beth too. I really like the picture of Jeremy in the tire swing - totally unplanned - but it shows him smiling and having a great time. It's all his personality. That's what I love in a picture. And Peter... well, he's next on my list, again. It seems that I never can get the "right" picture of that kid. I have ones I love, just not enough to put on my wall. I think my most favorite "recent" picture of him is when he's wearing the sweater I made him. That would not be a big deal, but his hood is up and I really would love to see his beautiful red hair in the picture.


And seeing that the last two family pictures included Jacob in my stomach (one much less obvious the other), that's also on the "next" list. A family picture with Jacob in person. When I mentioned this to Bob the other day he said "Already?" Jacob isn't even two weeks old yet and I'm bugging Bob for a family picture. I understand he'll be "cuter" in a family picture when he's older and holds himself a bit more. In fact, if I hold out a bit, we might even have a good chance at capturing those incredibly cute and deep dimples with his wonderful smile! The smile that seems to be reserved just for mommy and Peter, but not when the camera is present.

So... here are a bunch of pictures I took of Jacob one evening. He's in my current favorite cocoon pattern - it might have something to do with the color. It's the second one I designed and knitted for him - using a diagonal slip stitch. Most aren't what I would put on the wall, but there are a couple that I really do like. Can't wait to get pictures organized, up on a walls, and out to family!

No comments:

Post a Comment