Earlier this week while I was on the computer, I had the following conversation with Peter:
P: "I'm the doctor. The one you go to."
Me: "Oh really. Well, what can you tell me about this baby?"
P: "Umm. Nothing. I can't help you. I'm with another patient."
(A little while later)
P: "Okay. It's your turn."
Me: "What are you going to do?"
P: "Listen to the baby's heartbeat."
(when I didn't respond right away)
P: "Mom, you have to lay on the couch."
So, after that, I was putting him to bed last night and in his prayers he mentioned baby. Usually it's something about the baby coming soon, or today, or tonight or whatever. But I can't always understand all his words because he talks into his folded arms. So I asked him if he had prayed the baby would come tonight.
P: "No. In 4..." (at this point he's trying to put up just 4 fingers and can't figure out which of the five is the extra one - in the process, he finds himself with both hands wide open) "In 10 more days."
Me: "Really - that's almost 2 whole weeks. Do you really want Mommy to be pregnant for two more weeks?"
P: "Yeah. 10 more days and 5 more doctor visits."
Thank goodness it's not up to him!
SOO Cute!
ReplyDelete