Saturday, July 31, 2010

A First For Gabi

The fair is a big deal here. Okay, so it's a big deal in a lot of places I've lived. Just not always for the same reason (unless you count the rides).

Here, though, there is a category for nearly anything and everything you can think of - which you can do, make or whatever - and even the youngest of kids can enter. So, as a first, Grandma Nielsen helped Gabi make a family cookie / bar (family because I understand it's been past down for a few generations) - it's rocky road fudge (although I'll say it's more like a brownie and doesn't have nuts). Very yummy.

It was entered in the youngsters food, cookies and bars category... and would you believe it (okay, so Grandma expected at least one of these) she won first place and best of show! Let's just say she was very excited. And no, we didn't get a picture before the bars were entered and there were only two left on the plate - but we thought you'd enjoy seeing them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment