Saturday, July 31, 2010

Needing Mommy

As is typically, we've had our baby and kids are acting out - okay, they started before Jacob came when I was not so available to do things with them. They need one on one mommy time. Most have even told me so. (It's nice that I don't have to guess at such things in my over-tired state of mind).

Yesterday Peter was having an especially difficult time. I had decided I need to go to the store and pick up potty treats again - I just can't handle the constant "accidents" which I know are part of his response to the baby and the time away from himself. Knowing that we were going to the store, Peter, in his hysterics, told me that he wanted to go just him and me. That he didn't want Jeremy, or Beth or Gabi to go with us.

So I asked "what about Jacob? Can he go with us?"

Without hesitation, Peter said "Yeah. I want it to be just you and me and Jacob."

At least he loves his little baby brother enough to not want to push him out of the picture - that will certainly make this fall much easier - when the older three are in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment