This may seem a bit like bragging - for that I apologize. But you'll understand my excitement if you keep in mind this is a first - a first in 5 babies!
For every other baby, I was lucky to loose between 10-15 pounds within the first 6 weeks postpartum. That would be ALL I would loose until after I stopped nursing.
One week after having Jacob I had lost 21 pounds! From last summer - through the move and then the pregnancy - I gained 33 pounds. Now this is about average for my pregnancies - although higher is certainly not unexpected for me.
I was huge - I really ought to post pictures - big enough that with extra large maternity clothes the elastic on the pants was cutting into my belly - and you can see it in the pictures! I was able to keep moving throughout my pregnancy - but that last month nearly did me in, and I wasn't moving much. (I'll try to get someone to take a picture of me today and I'll try to post that and the pregnancy one - which was a week and half before I had Jacob- side by side.)
Anyway - I was thrilled to see I could wear my "big clothes" right after coming home from the hospital, but figured I would be stuck there for a while - at least during my nursing stage. That would have been the lowest I would get (if we look back at other pregnancies).
I had noticed over the last couple of days that the "big clothes" were kind of loose... not hugely loose, but loose. So, for "fun" - I tried on my "normal clothes" (normal as of before this baby, not before getting married) and I could actually wear them. Snugger than before the baby, but they weren't biting in. I was excited. I did not, however, look in the mirror - I figured all those rolls left from big belly would be obvious.
Tonight, in the bathroom I went to open a window and I happened to glance in the mirror on the way by - and I had to stop. I actually looked good! I was thrilled. I look great - and it's only been 2 weeks (today)! I have no idea what my weight is today verses last week, seeing that we don't own a scale. I will know what my weight is next week - when I take Jacob in (cause I'll weigh myself waiting for the doctor). I'm not toned up - but I don't look flabby through my clothes - and I've yet to start any kind of exercise - being that I've been kind of restricted with my recovery this time around (and that includes walking).
Pre-pregnancy weight is not likely (seeing that I'm nursing and well, let's just say there's a bit of top heaviness that automatically goes along with that) - but I'm curious if the weight is shifting as fast as the hips and belly! (And I'm hoping this doesn't mean I'll put on weight as soon as the nursing stops!)
I hate you.
ReplyDelete:)
I went in a week after Jack to get my stitches out and after delivering an 8 lb baby plus placenta and blood loss, etc. I was only 5 pounds lower than when I went into the hospital.
Blegh.
I've lost another 20 since then, but still...
I don't really hate you :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats!
That's great, Tara! Congratulations! :)
ReplyDelete