
Another fun adventure was taking the kids to ride horses at a friend's

ranch. A couple of years ago when we were just visiting, the kids had the opportunity to do this as well. I, unfortunately, was sick - so everyone went without me. I have some great pictures from their experience then, but I didn't get to enjoy it. This time I was well enough to go - if you don't count the "big as a house, ready to pop, pregnant and over-sized belly".


I loved riding horses growing up - and had I not be in the condi

tion I was, I

likely would have gone for a little ride myself. But it was especially fun to watch all the kids. Annie is a natural - though I've heard that's been said of her before. She really loves to be up there. Jeremy and Peter had never been on - the last time

they just hung out on the tractors. They both did great.

I loved that Peter would tell me he was going horse back riding... actually, he would say "I want to ride a horse with Daddy. And you need to watch me." He did start out riding with Bob, but then (for the second time around) he did it by himself (aside from the paranoid mom in me making Bob walk beside him).


As you can tell, everyone had a wonderful time. My girls even told me they want to ride more... that probably won't happen much since they're both still doing dance. Extra-curricular activities are pretty pricey and add up - not to mention all the extra time away from family.
No comments:
Post a Comment