For all those just "dying" to know.....
Yes we've had two appointments since the last appointment posting. No there is still no baby here in arms or cradle or anywhere else other than the big, round, over-sized and completely unbalanced tummy.
Here's what we've learned -
1. The scale I was on that said I jumped 6 pounds two weeks ago is wrong - apparently it's 3 pounds higher than the other scale. So I gained 3 that week and haven't gained a thing since (which also means I didn't actually loose 3 pounds last week either).
2. My blood pressure seems to be "normal" again - though we've constantly done the normal, high (for me) and very low throughout this third trimester.
3. Baby's head is "way down there" (with eyebrows raised) (yeah, I could have told anyone that... I can feel it!)
4. Dilated far enough that a little more pressure should put me into active labor (seeing that I don't hit active labor - or anything really leading up to it - until I'm between 3 1/2 and 4) - Just because a little more head pressure should do the trick does not mean that it will happen today, tonight or even tomorrow.... it just means we're in the "the zone" as I call it. We may still be here for several days (and yes, I'm cleaning house and walking and all that - I don't believe there is any way to speed up the beginning of active labor - at least there never was with my other four)
Anyway - we're doing fine - we're having a great time with the visiting family - and we're passing the time almost entirely with happy and peaceful feelings (except when I walk too far and then pay the price with a serious pain in the side and am over tired). Having the family up to visit is great for keeping the kids busy, happy and not complaining that the baby isn't here yet (although they are sweet enough to continue to remember him in their prayers). Soon - I'm sure - and yes, we'll let you know! If you don't hear from us in person, by phone, on this blog or FB, then you can safely assume the little guy is not yet here!
Here praying it will happen soon! And without complications!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Court! I'm fairly certain we'll be with out complications this time.. just a feeling I've had all through the pregnancy but also mentioned in a blessing that the baby will "come in the right way" - I'm assuming that means without complications... guess we'll see.
ReplyDeleteThe best news - I know the next time anything gets regular we're heading out - this far dilated I can't imagine the contractions being regular and not being hard enough for labor. (Given history)