A couple of nights ago at the dinner table Bob says to us, "Guess what I saw in the driveway?" I, of course, recognize that this must be something great. I start thinking about everything that might be in the driveway which might excite the kids....new snow? no. new pet? no. unexpected friends? no. A Robin! no.....and then I get it! MUD!
Yes! MUD! My eyes light up, my excitement overflowing! Gabi is looking at me like I grew a new head! But that doesn't matter... there's MUD! Finally we tell the kids that mud means spring is coming... and will be here soon! Though I know snow is due to come throughout the week, I push that to the back of my mind. It doesn't matter... we have MUD!
As I look out my window this morning, and see the driveway ever shrinking way, mounds of unwanted snow all around, I feel the dimness of despair as it registers fully that winter is not giving up so easily!
But then I remember....MUD! And know that somewhere beneath all the wintery mess is MUD! And this makes me smile!
Oh Tara, poor Tara, you need to get out a little more honey!
ReplyDelete;-)
Really, maybe mud isn't such a bad thing to get excited for. This last snow was good for snowmen, but I'd rather make mudpies!