Sunday, February 10, 2008

Blessings of Travel

So here I am again.. mother's night alone.. by alone I mean mom, two boys and two girls. Dad is gone. It's for a good cause, though... it's Stake Priesthood Meeting tonight. I guess I'm grateful that everything went smoothly on this High Council trip.... sometimes it's really hard for the kids to do the actual traveling.

Our assigned unit was as far away as our normal ward. This made gathering for the ride a little easier, although they started sooner and the roads were snowy... so, we left early, took some extra time and arrived without any trouble.

When preparing my talk for today, I tried numerous times to settle on the right topic. It just wasn't working and I finally told Bob so. He makes it a habit to not give me an assignment, and rather to let me choose my own. I honestly think that 's much harder. This time, he consented to give me a topic to try out and see what happened. The talk came together in one evening. No trouble, just together.

After having so many people come up to me after the meeting to express how much they enjoyed my talk, I realized more than ever the powerful influence of the Lord. I know that he guides us. And I've seen it happen when preparing talks before. But while I've been speaking with Bob on these assignments, I have learned so much more about how much the Lord really knows each of us. Each ward or branch has needed something specific. I've been inspired, and often wondered how to work with certain topics or how they would be received. Yet when following this inspiration, I have found that the things I say and the things which the Spirit teaches are indeed what was needed. It's been a wonderful opportunity for my testimony of this to grow more.

I am grateful also for the time our family gets to spend together doing this. There is a special sense of calm and peace as we sit together in these units that we visit. I was noticing today just how much I enjoy partaking of these spiritual lessons while seated beside my husband. This is a wonderful treat for me since in our home ward we don't get this opportunity outside of sacrament meeting. (Due to callings)

We have been so blessed. I am indeed grateful for these spiritual blessings which strengthen us.

No comments:

Post a Comment