It's High Councilmen Thursday (the first Thursday of the month, and thereby meeting night) so the kids and I have the house to ourselves. As soon as Gabi arrived home from school we put in the new Cd's from the Johnson clan and danced ourselves silly. The kids thought this was great fun, especially since Mommy looked so silly! Jeremy learned how to do a jumping jack and Beth quit early with a tummy ache (probably because she'd only just finished her lunch).
We had left overs for dinner, which meant no arguing and fight! :) And the kids managed to play nicely, although didn't finish putting away toys. The only real commotion was keeping the cats off the counters!
Somehow, in all of this, Gabi was thinking about languages.....I know this because in her prayer she asked that she be blessed to "learn languages so that when I go to other countries I can speak with them" Who knew she had such big plans? :)
Actually, some day, we really do want to visit another country, so I guess it's time to invest in a real Spanish program (to be enhanced with Dad's expertise) and after that (and increasing the ASL) we might have to move on to another language! If nothing else, it prepares her for a mission, which she so quickly said she was planning to do one Sharing Time recently!
No comments:
Post a Comment