The other day the kids were eating their lunch. And since they were pleasantly getting along, I decided to grab a minute and to look something up. While my back was turned I hear the following conversation:
Beth: Oh, Bomber!
Jeremy: Bomber?
Beth: Yeah, see. Oh, Bomber!
Gabi: What's a Bomber?
Jeremy: Oh, Bomber! Ha, Ha!
Beth: You know. Like when my sandwich messes up. We always say that.
Gabi: You mean Bummer! Not Bomber!
Beth: No.... you taught me that. It's Bomber!
Gabi: No! Bummer!
Beth: No! Bomber!
Gabi: Na-ah! It's Bummer!
Beth: Well I say it Bomber! See, Jeremy. Oh, Bomber!
Since I hadn't heard the phrase again in about a week's time, I figured all had been resolved. Until tonight... at dinner... something happened and again I heard Beth's voice boom out "Oh, Bomber!" It seems you can teach them some things, but others they "learn" themselves and then just won't budge!
No comments:
Post a Comment