Friday, August 22, 2008

Blueberry Picking

Well I can't recall the last time I went before this year! Yikes! It's been too long! But really, with Bob's schedule in the past, and me either pregnant or nursing or just little ones too small to hang onto without others to help watch... well, we just didn't get there! This year, though, on a whim (thanks to Leah's blog) I jumped at the chance and Bob was willing. So we packed everyone up last night and off we went... during the dinner hour (yes, I fed my kids a large snack before and had one waiting in the van for after).

I was amazed. Just under two hours in the blueberries and we came home with 30 pounds! What great pickers I have! It was amazing... and that doesn't count all the ones that Peter picked out of the bucket and threw on the ground, or the ones that kept spilling out of the kids' bucket when it was all but full! (Peter did help quite a bit, though, too)

Jeremy loved to bounce between buckets (Bob's, mine and the girls') and Peter was, of course, the first one done with everything since he's no longer napping. But it seemed that if he went to the other parent, he'd become content again and start picking more berries.

The girls had fun "hiding" from Jeremy as they ventured near us to find the bush with the "best berries" (ie... the most easily able to be picked by little hands).

All in all we had a great time and the kids are already talking about going again next year!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome that you got them to help you so much! We haven't been able to go blueberry picking this year, but did get a friend to get us some! :)

    ReplyDelete