It started with Bob meeting with the bishop.... then running off to an end of the year teacher's breakfast (glad it was him and not me). Then off to this classroom for one last day of classroom clean up and prep. It was wonderfully quiet this morning - and after a late movie night with Bob, it was a welcomed beginning to the summer routine.
When I next "awoke" it was to hear sweet and kind voices coming from the living room. My kiddos had gathered together to have scripture study. Gabi got the Family Book of Mormon Study guide book off the shelf, and they enjoyed scripture study. I got up and made them muffins.
After breakfast, I was tired again (go figure) so to bed I went while they watched a movie and played well together. I say they played well, but they were also noisy enough that I spoke to the boys at least once about inside voices. But still, the extra rest was nice, and it was wonderful not to hear them screaming at each other. Now they've headed out for some active time (it's been a cooler day today, or they would have been out earlier).
For a day without Bob and all four kids home, it's been amazingly relaxed - I guess that's the difference between the last few days leading up to summer vacation (when kids are non-stop crazy) and the actual start of vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment