Ever feel like you're in over your head? That seems to be the deal with this diaper bag... what was I thinking? Oh, yeah... I wanted something cute, functional and to my own specifications... not to mention the satisfaction of creating it myself......
So the creating process has taken the better part of several months - in part because I was working on other projects and creating other things as well. Then, I finally got around to doing what I wanted - that was last weekend - and got about half way through. I finally started in again this evening and I'm irritated because what should have been a simple finish up has turned into hours of "what the heck" moments.
The good news.... I'm learning sewing skills I didn't know I didn't have.... I've just spent the last hour researching elastic cording (because I was certain I wanted to use that for my button loops) and how to sew it properly and keep it in place and keep it from pulling out. Who would have known elastic cording was such a pain! Now I think I may have figured out what I need to do... time to try again.... I do hope it works this time or I might have to go crazy! (And figure out something else easy and cute for the loops... I hate regular thread loops because they always twist up).
But... once this is done, then the rest isn't so bad... though the handles are likely to be time consuming because I do believe a good section of them will be hand sewn on.... we'll see... not likely to be finished tonight after all! Oh well... it's a good thing I have tons of totes floating around... we just might find ourselves using one of those until this diaper bag gets finish - that, of course, depends on baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment