So... my last appointment I was showing three of the four major signs for preeclampsia. I'm not a high risk person for this and never had any evidence of it before (earlier in this one or in any of my others). What I got from the doctor that visit was "BE CAREFUL" - I figured it was probably a good thing that I'd already begun to feel like it was time to slow down. But, that was dance recital week - a ton of stress for me - and so "slowing down" was interesting itself that week.
That Sunday, after dance recital was done, I hurt all over, I was exhausted, I felt really sick, bad headache, and I could feel the fluid settling into my knees and ankles all through church. It was not a good day. But, at the end, I received a Priesthood blessing (I LOVE the priesthood!) and then talked with Bob about it all. He really felt that these symptoms I had been having were a result of stress.
Things calmed way down over the next week and thankful, I'm happy to say, at my appointment yesterday I'm back to "normal" - no swelling, no weight gain, healthy, moving along, no "be careful" or restrictions! Hurray... that being said, I'm fully aware that I need to not over do it! Apparently I react strongly to stress - especially when pregnant.
This is also the only pregnancy of the five that I've had any signs of latent labor! This weekend I was beginning to wonder if we weren't just heading for the real thing - not in the "oh my goodness, it's time" kind of way, but more in the "I think this is going to continue non stop until active labor kicks in" - sleeping wasn't much fun due to the backache. Walking was uncomfortable, but manageable, the contractions I had were at worse uncomfortable, but nothing was painful. Anyway - that all seems, aside from the downward pressure, to have subsided for now.
Interesting family history piece - my great aunt had many kids - I'm thinking it was around 12 - and she never had any warning... just had the baby. BUT - she is the only one in the family that I know of who ever had that happen! - I like not having to have a lot of pain until active labor, but I do like going through active labor - it means I know what's happening!
No comments:
Post a Comment