Tuesday, June 22, 2010

So What Do You Do...

So what do you do during scout camp week.... if you're Bob, you go three hours away from your ever pregnant wife to have a blast with ten boys and another adult! (Okay, that sounds like complaining- actually, I'm fine. Given history, we don't have to worry about an appearance of the little guy until after Bob gets back. And he loves that kind of thing - and it's part of his calling - and well, he'd be sadder around here knowing that everyone else was down there.)

For the rest of us.... we gathered together yesterday morning and made three plans - a meal plan (so I we can eat some what healthy using what we already had on hand without fighting), an activity plan (play dates, dentist appointments, library... that kind of thing) and a chore plan - one that is designed to take all week, but leave us completely clean and ready to welcome daddy - and if we're really extra, extra lucky, baby brother - home this weekend! We can guarantee daddy, but baby brother will likely prove to keep us guessing! =)

Anyway - we made a good dent in some of the "bulk" yesterday - the girls have a play date this afternoon at our house, so they know today's work must happen this morning. I've included my sewing stuff in with the chores - I'm ready to pack it up and shift gears completely. I have everything cut out that needs to be, but I need to finish up some jammies and the diaper bag. I plan to attack more of the diaper bag this afternoon while the kids are entertained - and hopefully, if all goes well, I can get some sewing in every day through the end of the week and actually accomplish my goal.

We're hoping to start family walks in the evenings tonight as well - this close to baby's date, we feel it's safe enough to get back in routine. And though there is nothing that will "make" baby come, I figure everything I can do to help get through this early stage (which takes weeks and weeks) is a bonus and can only make labor a little easier (right?) though who knows about sooner. I'm just hoping to not be a big fat blimp over 4th of July weekend - somehow, I don't think it will be my choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment