Friday, June 18, 2010

End Of The Year Awards

The end of the school year is when all sorts of awards are given out. Due to being extremely tired and not feeling very well, I forgot the timing of this assembly. Fortunately Bob was able to be there. In kindergarten there are three awards - Bethie received them all. Gabi brought home five, I think, and I don't know how many there were - but she ranked high in all subjects.

A few days before this, was the last of the reading awards. The school goal was 10,000 hours for the year. They surpassed this - a great accomplishment (seeing that it's for K-4 and it's a small school). Beth and Gabi were the last to be recognized (that's normal) and where at bench marks 22 and 24 respectively (the goal was to get to bench mark 10 by the end of the year). As the top readers in the school, they were each given a gift certificate to the local book store.


The skill of reading is something I've always been grateful that my children have picked up quickly. But more than that, I love to see them reading - to know that they love to read and understand that books are the movies of the imagination! I love it! And I love that it shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment