Carrots. A favorite vegetable of Gabi's. In fact, it might well be her favorite.
So... she goes to a friend's house for a birthday party which includes staying for dinner. She's a very picky eater, but can actually have some manners and eat a no thank you portion of just about anything. So I remind her that she needs to be polite at dinner time.
When she arrives after school to the said house, she tells the mother that she didn't finish all her cold lunch. She asks if she can eat the rest for dinner. The mother says that is fine and then told her that she planned to have macaroni and cheese and chicken. And that she gets to choose her own vegetable.
G: "I don't like chicken."
The mom: "You don't like chicken nuggets?"
G: "Oh. Yeah. I like chicken nuggets."
She then tells the mother she wants carrots.
The mom: "Do you like raw carrots or cooked carrots?"
G: "I don't like raw carrots... and I don't like cooked carrots....I just like carrots."
I had my cousin's twin girls over for dinner one night when they were about four. Bill likes green olives, so I offered them each one. They didn't eat them after a taste, and when they were leaving the table, one little girl looked at me and said, "You have really weird grapes!"
ReplyDelete