Friday, April 11, 2008

Helping Spring Along

Okay, so I posted number 100 just before this, and no, I did not follow the "blogger tradition" and I don't plan to. This is, after all, my blog. (And anyone who wants to know 100 things about me probably already knows them).

But what I will do is finally post some more pictures... sorry that I've been so awful at that lately.

Since spring is here... remember we heard the geese and saw the robin...we've simply been waiting for the snow to melt away so we can get outside without loosing the kids in those snowy black holes. Well, I had the bright idea that my kids needed to just run...but where? The backyard is too full of snow to shovel out (yes, I actually do that when it's low enough to make sure the kids play section is the first to be dry). But then, as I saw the snow melting away from the benches on the deck I thought about how they could run on the deck, up and down the walk to it, and I could sit outside and read! :)

Great idea... but the deck and walk were still covered in snow....and ice!

But the great man I have around here heard mention of my idea and one night, while I was having a bit of a melt down because my long time dream had almost come true and I couldn't complete it then, went outside in the dark and shoveled his way through half the walk - snow and ice both! Dreams or no, that brought me back to what mattered! People who love you!

Since there was so much ice, he's been out again and the walk and part of the deck are now clear. Gabi thought she'd help out the other day... and today, well, you can see for yourself! The boys and I got out there too! No, the deck still isn't clear, but it's getting there...

No comments:

Post a Comment