I did it! I completed the 6 month Book of Mormon challenge this morning! Okay, so many of you are thinking that's nothing special, but I say you're wrong. It's been years since I read it straight through without interruptions... things like having babies and never sleeping! I have to admit that in some ways it was still hard (not the reading it... getting through it). Kids are truly demanding and there is always something that seems to be more important than Mom reading her scriptures!
But I must say it was refreshing to be able to complete this challenge. Not only was I able to feel good about myself (I hate to not complete a challenge), but it only strengthened my testimony. I always seemed to be at the right place in the Book of Mormon for the challenges that came into my life over the last six months. Some lessons were simply reinforced, others were understood on a deeper level. In all cases, my testimony grew! I love it when my testimony grows because I feel like I see things in a much clearer light! Understanding is increased!
I do believe that as we go off to Stake Conference this weekend, that having completed this challenge will have only been the preparation for the knowledge to come! I am excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment