Tuesday, April 8, 2008

MUNCHKIE Baby Sling!

Okay... I should have posted this awhile ago! I have a friend who makes slings! I have other friends who have and use slings (and she does too). I have never thought of myself as someone who would use a sling. I figured it would pull on my shoulder too much, cutting into my neck or whatever. Or, I figured all that trouble to adjust the sling only to have it slip and have to readjust it was not worth it! (It depends on the style you get as to which "problem" you'd deal with)

So, in visiting my friend who makes slings, she had me try one on... and put my baby in it! I was immediately amazed because it was comfortable! It didn't cut in... it's a pouch style so there's no adjusting and no rings to have slip and all that! I could not believe I'd gone through four babies (the one being over a year now) without a sling! My kids are crazy attached... physically attached... for a long time....I couldn't get anything done with screaming, crying, whining, fussing, pulling my hair out... you get the picture!

So, having not used a sling with Peter before, I figured he'd not be too happy with the "trapped" feel of it at this point. Boy was I wrong! At first he'd fuss a little and then realize that he was able to snuggle while I still got things done! Bob was even able to use it when I had to go to the doctor's during all that illness... Peter hates to not have mom right now!

One night, I had used the sling while making pizza. Peter was fussy and trying to push me away so that dinner wouldn't get done. I remembered the sling and got it and put him in it. I even braved putting him on my back which I thought I could never bring myself to do... it was great! He snuggled me from behind watching over my shoulder everything I was doing. The best part... He was silent!

Later that night, after dinner, Bob and I were talking by the sink. Peter started to fuss and come towards me. He hates to compete with Dad...so he started over like he was going to push Daddy away. Suddenly he stops. Turns around and walks over to the lower shelf in the kitchen. He grabs the sling, folded there right in his reach, and brings it to me. Hands it to me and then reaches up towards me like he does when he wants me to pick him up. So I put on the sling, picked him up and put him in it, and he snuggled me for a good 30 minutes or more while I finished my discussion with Dad!

Since then, when he wants to snuggle and I'm busy, he runs over and grabs the sling and brings it to me! It has been a life saver! Anyone interested in a sling, get one... I can put you in touch with my friend. She sells them and they are great... comes in three sizes and three colors (although there are some fabric designs from the start up that she's no longer using that she's selling too)! Can be used from birth to at least 3 years old (she can lug her 3 year old around in it)! Her sling name is Munchkie and can be found online for purchase here.

1 comment: