Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Personal Witness

It has been an amazing weekend! Our entire stake was asked to participate in the reorganization of the stake presidency by fasting and praying. My thoughts turned to the topic over and over throughout this past month and half. I found myself praying that the Lord would strengthen and enlighten those who were sent to call the new stake presidency. We had been promised that if we did this we'd have a direct and immediate confirmation, by way of the Holy Ghost, that the men called were truly called of the Lord! This is indeed what happened!

It was amazing to have felt the prompting over and over again to pray in behalf of those involved. I do not believe I've ever felt so compelled to pray about the same thing so many times in a single day as I felt on Friday and Saturday. Indeed I found I was communing with the Lord on a level that I had never experienced before! I am so grateful for this opportunity!

Each time I prayed, I felt the spirit bare witness that this was what the Lord would have done. And that, as the scriptures tell us, it is by the faith of the people that the Lord reviles such great and marvelous things. I felt that same spirit witness to me that these three men called to serve at this time in the stake presidency are the men He has chosen. There could be no denying the power and surety of the spirit as it bore witness of this to me today.

During this conference, we heard and felt the testimonies of our former stake presidency, the new stake presidency and members of the seventy. Each also taught important principles and reminded us of what really matters here. Who we are, whose church we are a part of, and how we can reach out to others through Christ-like love - to help them and to love them. What matters is that each one of us listens to the calls (or promptings) the Lord gives to us so that we might help one another in returning to be with Him again.

It was wonderful to feel the love, once again, of those who had served us for so many years. It will be hard to not see them up there at stake conferences in the future for I've gotten use to them being there, and have loved feeling their love and concern for me, my family, and my friends. But knowing that the men in this new stake presidency have been called of God, and hearing them speak with the same love and devotion, I know that the Lord is with them and that they will help the people, get to know the people, and love the people as the former stake presidency did. They will speak for the Lord and teach us the things the Lord would have us know.

There is so much that was shared and so much that has filled my heart that I cannot even begin to share it all. I am so grateful for all that I have learned, all that the Spirit has witnessed to me, and for, once again, the strengthening and the growth of my own testimony of the work of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment