Juanita and I are going to once again make dresses for Easter...but they'll be done whenever they get done. We needed to get fabric, so we figured we'd go out this morning to do it... until we noted the weather report saying we were expected to get a foot of snow and that it would have started by 3am (by the way, it started around midnight). So, to avoid that storm, and the ones coming next week, and to still have enough time to do what we want to, we decided to run over to Waterville last night. We made all the arrangements and left my kids and Peanut with a sitter at my house.
Upon returning home, we were entertained with a highlight from the night. At some point there is a slight crying and whimpering coming from the boys' room. Expecting it to be Peter and that she would just need to give him his binky and he'd go back to sleep, the sitter goes upstairs. She walks into the room to find Jeremy apparently hanging most of the way off the bed. When she tries to find out what's wrong, he tells her he needs to go potty, and walks right past her and out the door. At the top of the stairs, he takes one step. Stops. And says "I need help."
The sitter helps him down the stairs and he goes right into the bathroom. Here he gets his little seat and puts it on top of the toilet. Walks over and flushes the toilet. Heads out of the bathroom. Stops at the bottom of the stairs and says, "I need to go potty."
Obviously he finally goes potty. But it was funny to hear the story told (I'm sure I didn't do it justice). And what made it funnier for me was that he rarely ever needs to go in the middle of the night. And when he does, he usually comes into my room and then I carry him down and put him on the toilet. He's so sleepy that he's not really awake. It was interesting to see that he could get the basics done even in that state of mind...with only a minor stumbling. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment