Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mother's Little Helpers, Daddy's Fire Starters

Today was a long day... woke up just after 5am...out the door by 6:40am...drive really slow and careful from the mess yesterday left us... dropped off the car at the shop...took Bob to work...went to the store...then to Juanita's....stayed the day....breaking briefly to pick up Bob and take him to get his car and then back to Juanita's...arrive home to put kids into bed.

We had lots of fun, though, so long is really just in terms of hours. The kids got along great, played well, went crazy, normal kid things. At the end of the evening, we were sitting around enjoying some chocolate sundae pie with Juanita and me sitting on the floor. I was trying to share my overly-generous piece of pie with Peter. He, however, decided that Juanita's was by far better. So he shared that. Got impatient (I guess) and took her fork. She got another, and while he's stabbing pieces and eating them, he decides he needs both forks! So now he's whacking the pie to smooth and flatten it, scooping it up with his fingers and eating it. He also, kind soul that he is, gathers some on the fork and starts feeding Juanita.

By this time I figure out that I'm stuck with this gigantic piece of pie, and since Jeremy's was smaller than the other kids, I invited him to join me. So we were just about done when Peter ran out of Juanita's pie and came looking for more. But he wasn't getting it for himself....no, he generously came and helped himself getting forkfuls to walk across the floor to feed Juanita! :)

Upon arriving home tonight, I was pleasantly surprised to find the house warmer (or at least as warm on a good morning) as it is in the mornings when we get up. So, we were fine and no extra shivering! The boys immediately took charge getting the fire ready (as you can see in the video). Peter knew the stove was cold... he never goes near it when it's hot (at least not since he burned his hand earlier in the winter)! *I, of course, lit the fire myself*


No comments:

Post a Comment