Saturday, March 1, 2008

This Is The Way We..

Today was another bread day. For some reason I thought I'd make cinnamon rolls, although Gabi doesn't like them. Instead we made cinnamon bread, which is she loves as toast. The rest of us will eat either. Because the recipe I was using makes a huge amount of dough, I gave each of the kids their very own piece to create whatever they wanted.

Gabi was very eager to be artistic... anything except the norm (volcanoes being her favorite). Beth wanted to eat most of her dough (all my kids seem to think that bread dough is as much a treat as cookie dough) and then ended up making ice cream and planets. Peter watched, then tried to get away (from his chair), although later I realized I hadn't given him a piece and that made him happy when I finally did. Jeremy watched me closely, and then tried to knead his piece like me. He ended up rolling it mostly, but really enjoyed himself. He made a mini-loaf and the girls made odd shaped rolls. Peter, well, he ate his piece and called it good enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment