Saturday, March 15, 2008

Nothing Is Better Than A Good Snuggle

My little boy (big boy) is typically too busy to rest and snuggle mom these days. Of course, this has been going on since Peter was born. Jeremy figured out he belongs with the older kids and really enjoys having the freedom and control. There are, however, special moments when my snuggly, sweet, baby-forever boy returns. Moments like today.

With him not feeling well (and most of the rest of the house in the same boat), and Mom being too busy with baby Peter or Bethie or keeping herself from throwing up to take notice of the little guy, Jeremy found the perfect opportunity. When Bob got ready for work, Jeremy waited in the large upstairs hallway (where he plays with his trains and cars to keep Peter away from them). He waited because it is routine for Mom and Dad to catch up in this brief few minutes between dance and work on Saturdays.

When the door opened, he came in saying he needed me. Arms out-reaching like when he was really small (Peter size and smaller). Since, for the moment, no one else was yelling for Mom, I was able to pick him up and just snuggle him. Gently rocking him like I use to do.

I know a smile came to my face. For these precious, sweet moments of being needed and snuggled are all too fading already. And before I know it, it will seem as though I've blinked and he'll be raising a family of his own. But just then, he was my little baby all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment