Saturday, March 29, 2008

Welcome, Baby Anna

Okay, so I thought I was done posting! Nope! I have to say welcome to Anna! Her family knows I'm talking to her! To me this is special for so many reasons.

First, a birth is always a special thing. It's one of the few moments we have in life where our Spirit is connected to the other side of the veil, even though for only a small moment. That moment when a new life enters into this world! The Spirit within the room is always so strong, there are never words to truly describe that peaceful and amazingly strong love! A birth is indeed so awe-inspiring. It's special. Each one is very special.

Second, this is my best friend's first! I'm not there... we live far enough apart (and I'm sick enough) that it's not possible. But my heart is with her. Throughout this week, I have continually thought about her and wondered when that call would come. Not wanting to push that emotional envelop (which all pregnant women manage to have overflowing at the end of their pregnancy anyway), I've just prayed for her and waited. I know she will be an amazing mother! I watched the way she was with kids of so many ages all growing up! She's incredible! Now the little one whom she'll be helping along in life will be hers! I'm so happy and excited for her! (And for the Daddy too.... they are best of friends, so together they're an unbeatable team!)

Third, with so many sad things creeping up on our family, it's so nice to have that bright happy something to remind us of the true value of life! A new birth is a symbol of so many things. A symbol of baptism as we commit ourselves to follow Christ. A symbol of death, as we leave this life to go on to the next - for our spirits live on and we will be resurrected one day! A symbol of love - for out of sorrow and pain have come the greatest love ever (out of the Atonement, has come Charity, the true love of Christ).

So, welcome baby Anna! You are a precious gift, already loved beyond measure! And your birth is a symbol of the love that surrounds you and the love you possess, ready to assist and aid those in need! You are a treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment