Sunday, March 9, 2008

Reality Check

I took a nap after church today... not always something I get, but I was too tired to not do so today. Afterward, Bob came to wake me up to help with kids while he got dinner ready. During this time Gabi was entertaining Peter, who was awake but still in bed, until "Daddy" could come get him. She asked Jeremy to tell Daddy that Peter needed him. The conversation went something like this:

J: Daddy, Peter needs you! Don't sleep.
D: Tell Mommy to wake up. Say 'wake up, Mommy'"
J: Wake up, wake up, wake up! (This is the way they wake up Daddy)
D: No. Tell Mommy to wake up. Say 'Mommy, wake up'"
J: Wake Up, Mommy.
M: Hi, Bug.
J: Peter needs you.
D: Who else needs Mom?
J: You. And me.
M: Always needed. Mommy is so important.
J: You're not important!

No comments:

Post a Comment