Monday, March 10, 2008

Down For The Count

So here we are..... we've been hit one too many times since the beginning of February with one illness or another. It seems we never get well long enough to enjoy it! The good news is that it hasn't been the same illness twice. This one, though, seems to be taking it's toll and lingering longer than the others. Every time I think Gabi is up enough to be part of a normal day, we discover her body isn't at full recovery yet. So, with that, and with Beth completely down and the boys acting like they are headed that same direction....well, we're hunkering down.

No more out and about for anything (except doctor's appointments, if we have any)....except for Daddy who will continue to go to work unless he comes down with it too. This means postponing Gabi's birthday party, but we've discovered this is in the best interest of several of her friends as well. So...wish us well and we'll see everyone when the illness is gone....long gone.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. We have discovered that there actually is an "exhaustion" bug out there, I think it is its own virus, due to the fact that I had it after the "flu", Nicki had it along with a cold, and Brian had it with a cough! It does last a few days, hang in there through the whiny-ness, with little ones down it can get really tedious!!

    Oh, and I am on day SIX of feeling well! In a ROW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flu-like symptoms have sky rocketed in the last couple weeks. I saw many kids going home today from school.

    Hope it passes quickly. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hope that your family recovers smoothly and quickly. It is never fun to be sick and it is hard for children sometimes to understand. When they enjoy being able to go out and play.

    ReplyDelete